We also repair modern grandfathers and wall clocks from regular maintenance to overhauls.
A complete overhaul consists of the following services:
- Complete disassembly of movement
- Ultrasonic cleaning
- Polishing arbor pivots to minimize friction in gear trains
- Machine pivots square and level where wear has occured
- Reassemble gear trains between plates to check for wear in pivot holes
- Bush worn pivot holes
- Check lantern pinions for wear and replace pinion wires if necessary
- Check and repair condition of escape wheel teeth
- Resurface pallet surfaces on verge
- Adjust escapement (relation of escape wheel and verge)
- Check clicks and clicks springs - repair or replace if necessary
- Check clutch tension
- Spring driven clocks - remove springs from barrels, clean.
- Check barrel and arbor for wear and repair if necessary
- Replace cable on weight-driven pulley and cable clocks
- Adjust chime and strike functions during reassembly
- Replace worn hammer leathers
- Reassemble and oil
- Test run for adjustments and regulation
We also have the capability to repair/restore antique wooden clock cases and some metal parts (please see our Before and After photos page).